Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sir Paul & the coffee shop


Paul McCartney's newest project, Memory almost full, is being released today - on the brandnew Starbucks "Hear Music" record label. In celebration Starbucks is playing the new CD all day long in its more than 10,000 stores in 29 countries. The album will be sold at most Starbucks stores worldwide, in all major music retailers, and on Apple Inc.'s iTunes online store, making it the first of McCartney's 21 solo albums to be released digitally.

I am writing this as I sit at a Richmond, VA, Starbucks, and so far I have heard about half the CD. Most people don't spend hours and hours in Starbucks - but for those of us who use it as our office away from home, it likely will become a bit monotonous today. It's enjoyable, but I doubt I would listen to it much if it wasn't Paul of the Beatles. It is, however, a great marketing stunt - great exposure both for McCartney and for Hear Music. For a good synopsis, read CNN's article about Memory almost full.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the rest of the record industry needs to take note of the way the wind is blowing so that instead of fighting against digital and progressive releases, the industry leads people where we are all going anyway. I applaud Starbucks for being vision minded as well as Paul for staying fresh. -Chris

Becster said...

OT: I'm looking forward to hearing about the shows this coming weekend. I'd send a camera for pictures, but I'm sure it would stay in the suitcase. *g* Guys ... ::shakes head and sighs::

(this is Dave's wife *g*)

Jeanine said...

Hey Becky!!!!
Thank you for letting Dave come and play :) - oh and I am already assigning a photographer, and pics will be coming your way!
Jeanine