Monday, October 16, 2006

Daniel Barenboim


My parents introduced me to classical music at an early age, and even though my own music work is firmly in the rock/contemporary realm, I have never lost my love and appreciation for classical music. My favorite instrument: cello; composer: tie between Beethoven and Dvorak; orchestra: Concertgebouworchestra, Amsterdam. I am taking a course on web design at Berklee College of Music online - very challenging for me, since I had no prior experience or skill in the area - and have been researching lots of websites to get an idea of what I like and don't like in web design and sites, and realized there is a plethora of classical music sites and musician sites. A favorite - because it has an extensive blog associated with it: Daniel Barenboim website. Daniel Barenboim is a world-famous conductor whose first wife, Jacqueline Du Pre, was one of the great cellists of the 20th century (she passed away after a long battle with multiple sclerosis in 1987). He is a fascinating conductor, musician, and person.

No comments: