Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Grammy's - part two


Well, I obviously was not entirely in tune with the voters from the Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences :). The one group I left out completely and that ended up the major winner Sunday night of course was the Dixie Chicks, and while they have never been much on my radar screen, I have to admit that I gained a new appreciation for them during the Grammy Awards Show. I love tight harmonies, and the Dixie Chicks do harmonies very well.

The one artist I really wish had ended up with a Grammy is KT Tunstall - her entire project "Eye to the telescope" is fantastic, in opinion, and she is one example of an artist who has been working long and hard for the success she has now finally attained - it would have been nice to have seen that rewarded with a Grammy. But hey, I think she is in this for the long haul and I have a feeling this will not be the last time we have seen KT on the Grammy nominee list.

No comments: