Thursday, September 21, 2006

Diana.....


... Krall, that is. I am a huge fan of hers, having discovered her music only a few years ago. Her new project was just released, it is called "From This Moment On", and the Cole Porter-penned title track happens to be one of my all-time favorite songs. I just bought the CD on iTunes earlier today and have not had the chance to listen to the entire project, but I love what I have heard so far.Krall has an amazingly sultry and warm voice, and it amazes me every time I listen to her that she not only sings but also plays piano on her albums. A quote from the liner notes from one of her earlier CDS: 'Diana Krall recalls her first conversation with the great composer/arranger, Johnny Mandel, she told him that she was both a singer and a pianist. Mr. Mandel replied, "Oh, so you're a hyphenate! Are you a singer-pianist or a pianist-singer?"'

No comments: