Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My love affair with my iPod


I have to admit it: I love my iPod. I am currently on my third one, a shiny black 5G 30 GB iPod with video capabilities (not the new one that was released yesterday, but the one that is about a year old). I started out with a silver iPod mini, because "4GB, 1000 songs.... there is no way I would ever fill that up".... yeah right. My 30GB iPod currently has 26GB nicely filled up, mostly with music, but also some TV programs, a few music videos, and a selection of pictures from my iPhoto library. I love the unlimited ability to make playlists, I love putting my iPod on shuffle and letting it surprise me with the soundtrack for my day, I love that it is small and looks cool, and is supremely easy to use.

Apple just released a new version of "my" iPod, and while it looks great, it does not have enough new features for me to even dream about upgrading. But they also released a brandnew version of the iPod Shuffle, which so far has been the format of a pack of gum, and either 512 MB or 1 GB of space. The new Shuffle - see picture - is positively tiny, clips on to your pocket, or belt, or bag, has a gig of space which will fit approximately 240 songs of average length. I have not seen it in real life yet..... but it looks perfect to work out with, and to take with you on places where you cannot or don't want to take your full-size iPod. I am going to have to check it out, and perhaps suggest to Santa that this might be a cool idea for under the tree this year :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely want one of those shuffles! I already have a plain old 20 GB iPod, but would love the shuffle for jogging. Just for the record, a 1 GB iPod shuffle (weighing half and ounce) has 25 times the storage capacity of my first computer (40 MB hard drive)!