Tuesday, September 12, 2006

World Music


Currently I am listening to several CDs that have one thing in common - they are all on the Putumayo Label. It's a world music label that releases mainly compilation CDs with themes/titles like Euro Lounge, World Groove, and Acoustic Brazil. As I am writing this I am listening to Sahara Lounge, combining Western beats with distinctly Middle Eastern melodies. To me it is perfect music to have in the background when I am working, and it is definitely unique. Putumayo has more than 80 different albums available and this will be one label that I will keep in mind when I want to expand my music collection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and me both, Jeanine...I love Putamayo stuff ( www.putamayo.com ). My first was a demo CD that was made in the late 80s. From that I've become a Dougie Mclean fan ( www.dougiemclean.com ) and a Gal Costa admirer (look it up!).