Monday, May 21, 2007

Apple vs the record stores

Amaechi Uzoigwe, head of independent label Definitive Jux, said during this year's NARM (National Association of Recording Merchandisers) convention that he might be more inclined to have an artist appear at an Apple store than at a music store(Source: Billboard, May 12, 2007). He has a point: young music fans are not as inclined to visit a traditional record store as you or I did during our high school and college years. Which leads me to ask the question: where do you buy music? Here's a poll -let me know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's funny, I stopped buying music back in college (as I date myself) because I wasn't impressed with how long a music tape lasted. hehe. Now I would rather pay for an electronic download over a CD because it takes effort to go to the store. I think I would be more willing to listen to a band in an Apple store than a music store. Hey, shall I call our Apple store and see about playing?
-Chris