Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Suzanne's second life


Singer-songwriter Suzanne Vega, who is releasing her first album in six years, Beauty & Crime" on July 17, has become more and more involved with online virtual reality platform Second Life. Last August, Vega performed "Tom's Diner" in avatar form within the world of Second Life.

I have to admit, I signed up for Second Life a few months ago, created my avatar, and checked around a bit - but I never took the time to really figure it out, and while my profile is still active, I have not been there in a while. Second Life is one of those internet places where you have to spend some time familiarizing yourself with the possibilities before you really start functioning well within its boundaries, and this little tidbit about Suzanne is motivating me to take a - no pun intended - second look.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing how innovation and inspiration ebb and flow with technology. Thanks for opening up yet another realm in which musicians can tread... and make an impact. Keep us posted with what you learn at second life.
-Chris